Summer 2016 is almost here which means the traveling season in on! Passports will be getting stamped and the wheels are about to be up. Here are some 7 top tips to pack smart this summer.
It’s awesome when you pack light
1. Let’s start off with the luggages and carry-ons. If you can avoid taking a checked luggage, then do it! Trust me, you will be avoiding a baggage fee and the wait at the baggage claim area; packing tip 101.
2. In the case where you are traveling with only a carry-on, get your toiletries down to travel size, otherwise you’ll be left ‘toiletry-less’.
The ultimate packing goal
3. I see this mistake being made so many times. If you are traveling with a checked luggage and/or you have several connecting flights, pack a day or 2 worth of clothing and any other items you cannot do without for 24hrs, i.e medications in your carry-one. In peak travel seasons there is a greater possibility that your checked luggage will not arrive to your destination the same time as you.
4. Trying to get things out of your luggage from your over-head bin during a flight can be annoying. Pack all the things you will need during your flight in your personal hand bag. You can place this item under the seat in front of you for easy access. If you have your significant other with you and want to spice things up, these app-controlled vibrating panties will do the trick.
Don’t forget to bring those earphones
5. Apart from your other gadgets and personal entertainment, do not forget to pack those earphones. Usually earphones are provided for in-flight entertainments, but the smart thing to do is pack your own as they are usually of better quality and more comfortable to use.
Avoid the expensive snacks in the airport
6. Not because you are not allowed to bring a bottle of water in does not mean you can not bring food/snacks. Pack yourself some of your favorite snacks and some fruits instead of trying to pick up these items in the airport for twice the price. Bear in mind that if you would like to take fruits, take just enough for a serving or two.
Note Briefly- Make copies
7. If you are traveling outside of your country, make copies of your travel documents and pack them– your passport, driver’s license. You will be happy you did.
These are my favorite 7 Top tips to pack smart this summer whether I am traveling off season or not. Share your favorites!